2. Dot Rise may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
3. Dot Rise may collect information from the User, including but not limited to, name, job title, contact information, email address, postcode, preferences and any other information relating to customer surveys and/or offers.
4. Dot Rise may collect the information as outlined in clause 5.3 (located on terms & conditions) in order to understand the User’s needs and provide the User with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
(a) for internal record keeping; or
(b) to use the information to improve Dot Rise ’s products and services; or
(c) Dot Rise may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information (which Dot Rise believe the User may find interesting) using the email address provided by the User; or
(d) Dot Rise (or their agent) may also use the information to contact the User for market research purposes, by email, phone, fax or mail. Dot Rise may use the information to customise the website according to the User’s interests.
5. Dot Rise are committed to ensuring that the User’s information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Dot Rise have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online.
6. Cookies (a small file placed on the User’s computer hard drive) help Dot Rise provide the User with a better website, by enabling Dot Rise to monitor which pages the User finds useful or not. A cookie in no way gives Dot Rise access to the User’s computer or any information about the User, other than the data the User chooses to share with Dot Rise.
7. The User can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but the User can usually modify their browser setting to decline cookies if preferred. This may prevent the User from taking full advantage of the website.
8. The User may be asked permission for a cookie to be placed on their hard drive. Where the User agrees, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets the User know when they visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to the User as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to the User’s needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about the User’s preferences.
9. Dot Rise uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps Dot Rise analyse data about web page traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Dot Rise only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
11. The User may choose to restrict the collection or use of their personal information in the following ways:
(a) whenever asked to fill in a form on the website, the User can indicate that they do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and
(b) where the User has previously agreed to Dot Rise using their personal information for direct marketing purposes, the User may change their mind at any time by writing to or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Dot Rise shall not sell, distribute or lease the User’s personal information to third parties unless they have the User’s permission or are required by law to do so. Dot Rise may use the User’s personal information to send promotional information about third parties.
13. The User may request details of personal information which Dot Rise hold about them under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If the User would like a copy of the information held they should write to: Dot Rise Waters Green House, Waters Green, Macclesfield SK11 6LF
14. In the event the User believes that any information Dot Rise is holding on them is incorrect or incomplete, they should write to Dot Rise or email email@example.com as soon as possible, at the above address. Dot Rise shall promptly correct any information found to be incorrect